Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Medical for Kids

Since we are here for a while, I joined the government medical insurance plan for us. It is amazing. I took Amalie to a pediatrician twice so far. In my home town, all kids under 15 years old don't cost anything, including prescriptions. I didn't know, so I asked the pharmacist to use a generic medicine instead of the brand name, and people were looking at me like what the heck was I talking about. It was a little embarrassing when the pharmacist told me it won't cost us. If we were in the US, for sure I worry about the costs, and then I'd get depressed over how much we spend on medical, and then I'd give up stressing out because it's a necessary thing for lives. ah, I love this stress free / cost free system! For my 'mental health', I try not to compare things between Japan and the US, but this is wonderful. Can Lake Oswego learn how to spend money for younger lives instead of fixing already decent streets and building parks next to parks?

No comments: